The Recipe For Making Kimchi.
You can make Kimchi using 10 ingredients in 6 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Kimchi
- Insert 3 heads of napa cabbage.
- Fill 3 of large daikon.
- Prepare 4 bunches of thick green onion.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of korean sea salt.
- Add 2 cups of chili powder.
- Mix 1 tbls of salted shrimp.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garlic.
- Fill 3 tbs of ginger.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Add 1 cup of fish sauce.
Step By Step To Make Kimchi
- Chop cabbage into large bite sized pieces. Add to a large stock pot, combined with salt. Let stand for 1 hrs then cover with cold water. Let stand for 3 - 4 hrs..
- Chop green onions, and daikon into 2" French fry size, and set aside..
- Combine the rest of the ingredients into a thick paste..
- Add onion and daikon to paste and mix by hand..
- Drain and rinse thoroughly the cabbage and mix all the ingredients in a large stainless bowl..
- Once mixed, add it back to the stock pot and loosely cover for 1 - 2 days. Turning it with a large wooden spoon 3 times a day. Then add to jars, with loose lids leaving 1.5" gap for expansion. Leave out of the fridge for 4 - 5 days, pushing down the kimchi daily to release gas. Then tighten and refrigerate..
That's how to make Kimchi Recipe.