The Recipe For Making Eggplant Lasagna.
You can make Eggplant Lasagna using 9 ingredients in 9 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Eggplant Lasagna
- Prepare 3 of eggplants.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- Insert 2 (15 oz) of cans pure tomato sauce.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- Mix 2 cups of whole milk ricotta cheese.
- Add 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Mix 1/2 cup of freshly chopped basil (separated).
Easy Way To Make Eggplant Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut eggplant into ¼” (6mm)slices. Place on parchment lined baking sheets. Drizzle both sides with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper..
- Bake eggplant for 7 mins each side and allow to cool (totally fine to do this part in stages as you may not be able to fit all the eggplant in your oven at once!).
- Allow eggplant to cool. Meanwhile prepare your sauce..
- In a large sauce pan, add the tomato sauce, garlic, salt and pepper to taste and red pepper flakes. Allow to simmer for 10 mins until sauce sweetens up and reduces a bit..
- Then prepare the ricotta mixture. In a medium bowl add ricotta cheese, eggs and basil..
- Then assemble your lasagna. In a large heat safe casserole pan, place a thin layer of sauce on the bottom and distribute evenly. On top place a single layer of eggplant on top of the eggplant spread 2/3 cup (160 ml) of the ricotta cheese mixture and sprinkle ¼ cup (60 ml) of shredded mozzarella cheese on top. Then add another single layer of eggplant and repeat the process creating 3 layers of “Lasagna” in total. The top layer should end with a layer of sauce and some more mozzarella cheese..
- Bake at 375F for 15-20mins until cheese is melted on top and casserole is cooked through..
- Garnish with some finely minced basil on top..
That's how to make Eggplant Lasagna Recipe.