The Recipe For Making French onion soup Instant Pot IP.
You can make French onion soup Instant Pot IP using 16 ingredients in 11 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make French onion soup Instant Pot IP
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- Fill 2 of yellow onions chopped.
- Prepare 2 of red onions chopped.
- Fill 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Mix 2 cups of white wine.
- Add 4 cups of beef broth.
- Add 4 of thyme sprigs.
- Mix 2 of bay leaves.
- Fill 1 TSP of kosher salt.
- Mix 4 of garlic cloves minced (garlic lovers 8 cloves).
- Fill 1 of baguette loaf.
- Prepare 4-6 slices of provolone cheese.
- Mix of Garnishes.
- Mix of Kosher Salt.
- Add of Fresh ground pepper.
- Mix of Fresh parsley.
Step By Step To Make French onion soup Instant Pot IP
- Melt butter in pressure cooker over medium saute setting..
- Add onions and baking soda until onions soften slightly and start to release liquid. Around 3 minutes..
- Seal pressure cooker and cook at high pressure for 20 minutes. No need to add liquid. The onions will release all the liquid needed. When finished quick release the pressure. Remove lid..
- Drain liquid then on high/more saute setting, continue to stir the onions till all the onions are sticky and brown..
- Add broth, white wine, salt, and garlic stirring and scraping bottom of the pot to remove any bits that may be stuck to bottom of the pot. Add thyme and bay leaves..
- Reseal instant pot and cook at high pressure for 10 minutes. When beeper sounds do a quick release of the pressure. Remove lid..
- Discard the bay leaves and thyme sprigs. Preheat oven to broil. Cut the baguette into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces...
- Ladle soup into oven safe bowls leaving room for the baguette on top. Add pieces of baguette (2 or 3) on top of soup. Cover with a slice of provolone cheese..
- Place bowl in oven and cook with oven door cracked until cheese is melted..
- Remove from oven. sprinkle salt, pepper, and parsley over the top..
That's how to make French onion soup Instant Pot IP Recipe.