The Recipe For Making Seafood & Tofu Shumai Steamed Dumplings.
You can make Seafood & Tofu Shumai Steamed Dumplings using 10 ingredients in 23 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Seafood & Tofu Shumai Steamed Dumplings
- Mix 800 g (28.21 oz) of Hanpen fish cake.
- Mix 300 g (10.58 oz) of Tofu *semi-firm.
- Prepare 400 g (14.10 oz) of Water chestnut.
- Mix 200 g (7.05 oz) of Onion.
- Prepare 200 g (7.05 oz) of Boiled squid.
- Add 5 packs of Shumai / Gyoza dumpling sheets *phyllo dough.
- Mix 4 tbsp of Japanese sake *rice wine.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- Mix 2 tbsp of Potato starch.
- Mix 1.5 tbsp of Chinese soup base powder.
Step By Step To Make Seafood & Tofu Shumai Steamed Dumplings
- (In advance) Wrap tofu with kitchen paper towels and leave it for a while to remove moisture as much as you can. Hanpen fish cakes at room temperature if they were frozen..
- If you're close to Jungle Jim's in Cincinnati, OH, you'll find Tofu in the Japanese refrigerated section and Hanpen fish cake in the Japanese freezer section..
- Put hanpen fish cakes in a bowl, break, squeeze, and mash them as much as you can. This is the feel good step to stress relief!.
- Add tofu to it, break it, and mix well with hanpen fish cakes..
- Add potato starch and knead well..
- Add Japanese sake..
- Add sesame oil..
- Add Chinese soup stock powder..
- Mix them well..
- Mince water chesnut..
- Peel and mince onion..
- Mince boiled squid..
- Put those in the sieve for a while to remove water or use a kitchen towel..
- Put the minced water chestnut, onion, and boiled squid into the hanpen fish cake & tofu mixture and mix well..
- To make a richer taste, keep the mixture in the refrigerator for few hours to let the seasoning soak into the mixture. *If you want to cook right away, make sure the soup powder is melted in the mixture..
- Take some mixture with a spoon and make a small ball, just like a ping pong ball..
- Slice shumai / gyoza sheets..
- Roll the dumpling ball on it to put slices all over it..
- Shumai sheets are very thin and easy to dry and become hard. I do recommend making all dumpling balls at one time and then cover with thinly sliced shumai sheets quickly..
- Pour some water in the steamer, set the base plate, put a cooking sheet on it, and then place the dumplings..
- Cover the top with a wrap and then place the steamer's lid to enclose the steam inside the container..
- Heat at 600W for 8 mins. and done!.
- Shumai itself is well seasoned and tasty. It also goes good with mayonnaise or soy sauce & vinegar mixture to dip..
That's how to make Seafood & Tofu Shumai Steamed Dumplings Recipe.